Things that have been making me happy:
-The air hostess on my flight gave me a whole carton of milk to drink with my cup of tea. If there is one thing that you must know about me it is this: I LOVE milk. I think that might be part of the reason I love cereal so much. The only thing that would have made me happier than this gorgeous carton of milk was if she would have given me a whole carton of ketchup. That wouldn’t have gone so well with my tea though.
– I refuse to fly with less than two musical devices available at all times (25hrs of flight time and 6hrs of transit time will do that to ya 😉 ) and so I charged up my ancient barely working iPod and remembered how awesome my taste in music is 😉 Miley, Paul Simon, Eminem and Avril Lavigne serenading me made me pretty happy and do a little seat dancing. Destiny’s child also made an appearance and that is always a good time. Don’t question my music choices, it may seem extremely random but trust me they are all rockin’.
– Is it weird that I like airplane food? I had an incredible Thai salad last time and I loved it. I have to say though, the packaging bums me out. What is that doing to the environment?! Is it necessary?? The point is though, the food is great as far as my refined taste buds can tell.
– I got in a great snappy little three miler the morning of my flight. I got up super early to get it in (which I very rarely do, morning working out isn’t my favourite and I don’t usually have to do it that way), but I wanted maximum cuddle time with my man before I left and so it was necessary 🙂 I sprinted up my favourite hill five times in the middle of the run and it just felt good. Plus getting my legs a little tired before sitting on a plane for 12 hrs is pretty much a ritual for me. I can barely sit through a two hour movie so being on a plane that long is reasonably challenging for me 😉
– Having said that, there is also something awesome about being on a plane and being forced to chill for a set amount of time. I am a little bit type A and so it’s great to just sit back and not feel like I have to be doing anything else.
– The china airlines airplane bathroom was HUGE. You know how you usually can’t move an inch in plane bathrooms without hitting the door/ceiling? (I am tall but still it’s ridiculous). This bathroom was so spacious and had a full length mirror! Luxury.
– My final blizzard before retuning down under rocked my world. Seriously, who invented the idea of just eating cookie dough as is, let alone putting it in a blizzard? GENIUS. I also had a grilled turkey sandwich and it hit.the.spot.
– I am potentially seeing my bestie in Sydney airport! I have a transit there and she is the BEST and is probably going to meet me so we can run towards each other slo mo styles and cry hysterically about how much we have missed each other. Never mind that I will be living with her ten days later, she is just the loveliest person and that’s the sort of thing she does.
– I am seeing my FAMILY. I absolutely adore my family. My mum is the sweetest lady you will ever meet, she bakes the most heavenly treats, tucks me in every night and we basically have the same brain. Which is obviously awesome 🙂 My dad is the kindest and most hilarious dad ever, his jokes are the best and he will go completely out of his way for people. My sister is an absolute sweetheart, we have so much fun together. I have a thousand stories about how she has gone above and beyond for me, like when I was going through a hard time early last year and she drove two hours at 10pm just to look after me before having to leave at 6am the next day to go to work. And like how she came all the way to my city just for the day when I was in my first year of uni to help me with stats (I cannot do maths and it is a miracle I passed the second time 🙂 ). If I were to write a post all about the adorableness of my mum dad and sis it would take at least 10,000 words so I will save that for my thesis (I’m sure my uni profs will love that) and just give you the snapshot.
I am reading what I just wrote and just feeling ridiculously happy. My family is the shizzle, I am reuniting with my BFF tomorrow, and I have a whole tiny carton of milk just for me.
What are you grateful for today?