– I started the day with a little gentle yoga sesh. I actually planned to do power vinyasa yoga and within three minutes I knew that it wasn’t going to happen – my body felt exhausted from the long flight and I just was not in the zone at all. I decided to roll with that, turned off the youtube video, and put on some lovely kirtan music. Kirtan is kind of like chanting/singing, I was introduced to it when I did my yoga course on Salt Spring island (really need to do a recap on that cos I talk about it all the time), and I absolutely adore it. I’m not sure if that’s because it brings back amazing memories for me or it it’s just lovely spiritual calming music, but either way, it always takes my yoga practice to a whole new level. I just listened to my body and the kirtan music and did whatever pose felt right. It was perfect and exactly what I needed after a crazy few days of travel. (We are building on the house btw, hence the random planks and dodgy floor 😉 ). Some awesome things about my first day back:
– My mum always facilitates my lolly needs. She also encourages egg lollies as they have approximately 56% more protein than normal lollies (completely made that up FYI).
– We drove through the park that is very close to where I lived during my first few years of university. I used to go there all the time, and this was where I started running more regularly for the first time. It’s also where I buried my ten year old goldfish (he was a beast) and the rotunda is where I infamously left my teddy bear as a child, before forcing my lovely dad to drive an hour back to go and find him. He was still exactly where I had left him, thanks again for that Dad 🙂
– I didn’t know this before today, but apparently a kiwi invented the whole wearable arts thing! Wow we are nifty 😉 I participated in the wearable arts competitions in highschool, my first year I made a mermaid dress with a seashell bodice and fish on the skirt, and the next year I made a ball gown out of black rubbish bags and tinfoil. Not as impressive as the below beauties but still super fun 🙂
– Finished the day with a chocolate biscuit version of our national cutie. Delicious and adorable.
Anyone been to a wearable arts show before?
What is your country’s national animal?
Ever heard of the Moa before now? I make it my mission to tell foreigners about it cos I think it is super interesting 🙂 Did you have a favorite toy when you were little? – My teddy bear Mr Bear pretty much ruled my world.