The one with Friday Favourites

This week’s favourites:

Skype. Who doesn’t love skype? (Apart from when I am having skype rage and seeing red because it has frozen for the thousandth time). Long distance relationships would have been a whole other situation back in the day. Now I can talk to my bf even though he lives 19 hrs in the past and even hear him jam his new tunes (he is a musician and is currently writing his 59th song, not including his metal tunes, he is pretty much way cooler than I will ever be). This is my favourite thing every.single.day.

We also get to have very intellectual conversations over whatsapp. Proudest moment of my blogging life: hearing him say that now he is compelled to take photos of all his food too.

imageimage

My new $6 t-shirt from Kmart. Does Kmart exist in the states? It is pretty much my favourite place to buy clothes ever because it is in my price range, under $10. I am not smart enough to figure out how to flip this image but the t-shirt has one of my fave quote ever on it: Smell the roses. Live in the sun. Drink the wild air. Be happy. Everyday.

My other fave in this pic: the beautiful handbag my bestie gave me. I am obsessed with it, I love the tan strap against the black, and after using my old handbag for a whole year because of living out of my suitcase it feels super luxurious to have a new one (I have a rule that every time I get a new possession, I get rid of an old one). I am half asleep in this photo FYI, my eyes are not usually quite that unfocused πŸ˜‰

Mini-Wheats. These are always my fave. For some reason though, Australia only sells the mini ones! What is up with that? I am willing to compromise, it is better than nothing, but honestly I believe the bigger the better when it comes to these frosted pillows of heaven.Β

My new foundation. Ever since I started living in Australia (it is approximately 10 million times hotter here than it is in NZ) I have struggled to find a foundation that doesn’t slide straight off my face as I sweat in the brutal Australian sun. Sorry if that is gross. I finally decided to give this one a try, and it is incredible. It feels like a dream to put on, and makes my skin feel so soft. It also holds up well during a sticky waitressing shift which is pretty darn impressive.Β

And continuing in the makeup related vein, this wall pocket holder. It is my fave colour, nice and sturdy, and makes it easy to find all my stuff I need to get ready. Aren’t you happy you know which deodorant I use now too? πŸ˜‰

A week of yoga with Sarah Beth. I do yoga every day anyway but is exiting to see how she builds this series through the week and I love her teaching style.

Finally: Living vicariously through my bestie as she does yoga on the beach in Bali. I have now taught her everything I know. I am so proud.

image image

I am linking up with Running4cupcakes.comΒ for this!

Is anyone able to tell me in the comments/by email how to link to stuff without using the URL? I am the worst with computers and have no idea how to do this. #newbieblogger πŸ˜‰ EDITED- someone helped me and I can do it now, #legitblogger πŸ˜‰

What are some of your Friday Faves?

This entry was posted in Yoga and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The one with Friday Favourites

1. Sally says:

I miss Uncle Toby’s cereal! We don’t have here you know. But don’t worry, I have rice for my brekkie instead. Lol.
    TGIF!! It’s Friday and I’m in holiday πŸ™‚ life’s good huh?! Feel like paradise! Few things I will do today : morning yoga practice, relax at the beach getting some tan and have MASSAGE(FYI :15 bucks for 2hours), drink fresh young coconut, shopping clothes and traditional things at the market, menicure+pedicure+creambath like a Princess and party all night long like I’m 17th!!! ;p after that.. Bedtime yoga and I’m ready to sleep like a bear. What a Life!! πŸ˜€ have a wonderful Friday, Jessie! Xx

• Haha you know you wanted to have rice anyway πŸ˜‰
      Wow someone is having a nice time in Bali! Such a princess! You’re still doing yoga, yay! On Wednesday I’m going to class with Weni, will let you know how it goes! Missing you here though bandel ku, can’t wait till you’re back! xoxoxoxooxxo

2. Hollie says:

I feel like I can relate to some of these too. When I was in a long distance relationship, we loved skype. We would use it a lot (and even now when he travels for work). When I lived in southern TX, I couldn’t find a foundation that worked well either. I’ve actually never tried that but I think I will since you recommended it!

• Skype is amazing isn’t it? πŸ™‚ It is a great foundation, finally the people at work can stop telling me I look like a lobster in the heat πŸ™‚ And it’s a good price too! Love your blog Hollie, you always make me LOL πŸ™‚

3. TechChick says:

Interesting fact – I’ve never worn foundation before. Well, not surprising when you see my complexion (splotchy!) but I’ve never felt comfortable wearing it. Not even at my wedding!
    Thanks again for the yoga video recommendations. We actually tried one! (blog post coming soon).
    That’s so great you can stay in touch with your BF and see him everyday! And cool you can hear his tunes πŸ™‚

• That’s awesome, it’s probably way better for your skin to not wear it! Unfortunately I have very red skin and blush very easily so foundation is pretty necessary in my life if I don’t want everyone at work to tease me about it πŸ™‚ I’m the worst at lying too because I will blush straight away! My skin keeps me honest haha. Yeah it really makes the long-distance thing way easier, I pretty much get a mini high when I see him on skype πŸ™‚
      I can’t wait to read you post about yoga! Let the stalking begin πŸ˜‰

4. Tess says:

My husband and I used skype when he was deployed last year. It was okay but we emailed constantly. All day long. So that worked better for us. Although the base he was on did interfere with skype a bit so maybe that was a glitch.

We do have Kmart and I would say it’s not super popular but I really do like it on occasion. I like the Martha Stewart kitchen line.

And I like your new bag!

5. Jessica says:

awee how cute. He’s serenading you even from miles away.
    and I used to use that foundation also.!! It is so amazing.! and makes your skin feel amazing. but mine was totally not that white. lol
    anddd. I don’t even remember my friday now. haha. πŸ™‚

• Haha yes he is! His music is beautiful, I need to start forcing him to put some on here πŸ˜‰
      It is such a great foundation right? I’m so happy I found it! Hahahahahaha yeah for me half the battle is finding one that is white enough, it’s a bit of a challenge! What do you use now?

• Jessica says:

you should.! feature him on here sometime πŸ™‚
        and yea defenitly.!! I’ve become such a cheapo with makeup now that I get some covergirl stuff.. I forget what it’s called, but my color is “creamy natural” haha. and it’s ok.! being tan isn’t all that great. lol