Today was accentuated by a number of yoga highlights for me.

Firstly, waking up to these photos of my bestie bringing yoga to the next generation (her nephew). Isn’t this too adorable?

On top of that, my friend TechChick did her first yoga sesh with her kids too! I was SUPER impressed with her headstand and so excited that she gave Sarah Beth’s routine a try. Her post on this is hilarious, kids doing yoga = one of the most fun things ever.

My own yoga practice included the Thursday session of the week long class I am doing, and an intuitive balcony practice that was exactly what I needed to clear my head after filling it with scary psychology articles.

Finally, my lovely friend from uni and I had a great conversation about coming to the point in your yoga practice when you realise it is not about how the pose looks, but that wherever you are at in your pose is perfect. It is so exciting hearing about people clicking with something in yoga and it becoming a part of their life!

My day ended with an interesting class on Gestalt therapy, in which we looked at a picture that most people saw Jesus in and I saw two dinosaurs in. I don’t know what to interpret from that.

And a Bird of Paradise flower on my way home from uni. These were my Opa’s fave and always make me think of him.

How was your Monday?Β

Did you do yoga today? If you’re not into yoga (then I’m sorry that that’s all this post was about, ha), what was your workout?Β

Link | This entry was posted in Yoga and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The one with yoga highlights from my day

1. I think it is always great to see new people experiencing yoga πŸ™‚

2. runsaltrun says:

I went to barre today already which has some of the aspects of yoga incorporated. And I did go to a class yesterday! I’m with you…kiddos doing yoga are the BEST! Cutest little yogis ever! I love all the pics!

• That’s awesome! I’ve only done barre once and it was hard! And yes!!! The pic you have of Betty’s tree pose is just so beautiful too. You can see all her goodness shining out of her face πŸ™‚

3. Birds of paradise are so pretty!

My Monday is just starting, but I’m headed out for a run in a few minutes. Maybe I’ll do a short yoga video later, too.

4. TechChick says:

Oh my gawd, that was the worst headstand ever! I’m going to practice and come up with a good picture of me rocking one πŸ™‚

5. Jessica says:

It’s still the beginning of my monday, so far so good.! Did an 8 mile run, ate some yummy orange juice, and have been getting caught up on the blogging world. AKA commenting the crap out of your blog. haha. sorry.
    and I love the little boy doing yoga.!! too cute. ah now I have to try yoga with Malia. (even though I still haven’t done yoga, haha. fail)

6. Andrea says:

Just wanted to say hey!! I studied abroad (I am from Indianapolis, IN) in Christchurch in from Feb-June 2011 ((yes i was there when the earthquake hit!)) and I LOVED IT!! What a beautiful country! My two loves in life are Running and yoga and I freaking love reading a blog about a kiwi-yogi-runner— its like my 3 obsessions wrapped into one πŸ™‚ haha anyways, loving your blog and love your humor! Refreshing! I just graduated with my masters in December, so I feel your pain trying make it through a program! you got it girl!

• Awwww your comment totally made my day Andrea! Wow I am glad you are okay after the earthquakes, that was a scary and very difficult time for NZ :s I’m so happy you loved your time there though, did you get to do a little exploring? South and North Island? Christchurch was definitely beautiful before the earthquakes. CONGRATS on getting your MA! Wooh! Thanks so much girl, it is a lot of work so I can imagine how good it feels to have finished! We are so on the same page in terms of obsessions! Do you still blog? I stalked you a wee bit and loved your posts and your refreshing honesty πŸ™‚

7. Andrea says:

Just wanted to say hey!! I studied abroad (I am from Indianapolis, IN) in Christchurch in from Feb-June 2011 ((yes i was there when the earthquake hit!)) and I LOVED IT!! What a beautiful country! My two loves in life are Running and yoga and I freaking love reading a blog about a kiwi-yogi-runnerβ€” its like my 3 obsessions wrapped into one πŸ™‚ haha anyways, loving your blog and love your humor! Refreshing! I just graduated with my masters in December, so I feel your pain trying make it through a program! you got it girl!

8. k8macdo says:

Hey there! I started my day going over the 3 moves I know from the tai chi sword set, then doing the tai chi long form. Then I rolled out my mat and practised for about 45 minutes (never long enough!), did a little pranayama and seated meditation. Dear kiwiyogarunner: if you’re ever traveling and need a place to stay in Ottawa (Ontario, Canada) let me know : ) sweetreecrone.wordpress.ca

• That is so lovely, thank you so much! I would love to visit Ontario someday so I will def let you know πŸ™‚ Sounds like a beautiful morning practice! I would love to know more about Tai Chi. I will def be stalking you to learn more about it πŸ™‚