My Friday favourites from this week:
1) Curtis being a part of this music competition, it is pretty exciting 🙂 thank you so much to everyone who already voted! You can vote every day for the next few weeks and every vote counts so if you wanna vote again HERE that would be amazing 🙂
2) Sydney finally being a bit cooler. I know for those of you who love the heat you will not understand me saying this, but as someone who burns really easily, the heat basically just means I am uncomfortable and really red 98% of the time (2% deducted for when I am having a cold shower). Cooler weather means I am not sweating 24/7 AND that I get to wear my favourite scarf all the time.
3) This soap is my favourite soap at the moment. I love bar soap and not only is this one disturbingly cheap, it has a beautiful citrus smell that is exactly the same as the soap I used when I was on student exchange in Sicily when I was 17. Every time I use it memories of crazy times parading around the piazza and exploring the countryside in bella Sicilia come rushing back in 🙂
4) I am finally starting to learn a tiny bit of French at work. I have always wanted to learn French and now is definitely the time to do it. I also really want to learn Dutch too (and the minion language of course) but I’m thinking that 1) “When in Rome” = “When in France” = “When working in a French restaurant” = no excuses and 2) My brain can only fit a certain amount of information at any given time so French it is.
I now know how to say “I did the bill” and “Everything is under control”, wow I am almost fluent. Now I just need to learn “Everything is falling apart” because honestly that is probably going to be more useful to me in my waitressing career 😉
5) I have discovered Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown. She is awesome and I feel like doing this once a week will be great for my yoga strength and form.
6) Doing a little run for the last four mornings this week has been wonderful. Feeling a little bit stressed about uni means that for the next little while I am going to be needing to get my endorphin fix on every morning without fail. I am taking most runs nice and easy because I am still easing back in to it somewhat and also because it is more about stress relief than running fitness. As my tshirt instructs, I am determined to “Make Today Amazing”:
7) Finally, I am sorry that this is probably a very much less than appetizing picture, but this burger was seriously incredible after a long day of studying and waitressing. That bad boy had honestly like a thousand gherkins on it (side note- Curtis thinks I am weird for calling pickles gherkins? Gherkins is what we say down under!). I have weird gherkin cravings and I am pretty sure it is because they are salty and all I want on days that I run is salty food.
What are some of your Friday Favourites?
Do you call them gherkins or pickles? -Please help us to resolve this argument 😉
Do you prefer bar soap or shower gel?
Do you prefer really hot weather or really cold weather? – I definitely prefer really cold weather, even Curtis admitted I was pretty tough about -30 degrees Celsius in Saskatchewan 🙂