Last night I went to bed at 2am and woke up at 6am (involuntarily- stress makes me wake up early). It did not feel awesome.
This therefore epitomizes the first half of my day perfectly:
HOWEVER, the second half of my day got a lot more awesome because:
1) I attemted to make up for not enough sleep by spending the entire rest of the day in this attractive ensemble. This is what it looks like when you just keep adding layers until you are finally warm enough. It was so comfy that I actually have lost any shame about how ridiculous it looked. Don’t ask me why one pant leg is up higher than the other, I really don’t know.
2) Skyping with my sis was the best and we had an amazing conversation about girly stuff like hair and boys and Love Languages. Have you heard of Love Languages? Great article on it HERE. I really think it can be a wonderful thing to work out your own Love Language and that of your partner/friends/family because then you can all start speaking each others language and it really does make a difference. My primary Love Language is Words of Affirmation FYI, so in case anyone is keen to tell me how awesome I am, that is more than okay 😉
3) I did a quick twenty minute HIIT running workout on the treadmill. It is amazing what a shaky sweaty mess I was after that (and five minutes of arms in the weights room). This run was facilitated by Avril Lavigne (I was her biggest fan back in the day and I choose to believe it showcases my loyalty as a person that I still listen to a lot of music that I liked when I was eleven years old, rather than showcasing my lack of deep music taste/maturity 😉 ).
4) I ended up doing the below yoga sesh with bestie when we both came home from work for a break. We got an amazing ab workout but that was mainly because we could not stop laughing in the middle of it when Ali Kamenova kept trying to make us do hard stuff that we were not prepared to do and I was giving bestie the death glare the whole time because she was the one who chose the video.
FYI, I would highly recommend Ali Kamenova’s yoga videos on Youtube if you want to have a more intense yoga workout where your core/every other muscle in your body will be destroyed to a withering mess.
5) Finally, yesterday was my 100th post! I thought that was pretty darn exciting. I am pretty much obsessed with the blog world and so everyone needs to get prepared for me to be doing a WHOLE LOT of stalking in the holidays that I have been missing very much due to it being the end of semester. Please don’t think I am creepy if I start commenting on posts that you wrote a year ago, reading a blog as if it’s a story is normal isn’t it?? 🙂
What does your comfiest at home outfit look like? This is no time to be shy people, I have paved the way with the above photo for no one having any shame about what they look like.
Have you heard of the Love Languages? What is yours? Is it the same as your partner or different?
What song did you listen to in your most recent workout? – Avril Lavigne, Smile and Hot, good times 🙂