I first heard about National bad ass hair day on Pbfingers.com (how adorable is Julie’s blog?!) and I just had to participate because I feel like 97% of the time my hair is doing something weird and the other 3% only occurs when my sister is around to tame my curly beast into submission.
I love how they made the phrase “bad hair day” into badass hair day, especially because usually for me when my hair is looking extra crazy it is because I am having heaps of fun and that in itself is badass. I love the idea that girls don’t have to look put together and made up all the time, and are just as badass with no makeup and our hair just doing what it wants to do. The idea is for people to take a pic of their hair when it hasn’t been styled or fussed with, in order to celebrate their natural beauty and style. I took this pic straight after crawling out of bed and doing my morning yoga practice, and I personally think it is pretty badass 🙂 Maybe we should all make the half bun/half knot a thing? Trust me, it is comfy 😉
I actually woke up crazy early the last few days, for some reason the second my uni break ends my brain decides it is going to go into stress mode straight away and wake me up the minute the sun comes up. That is kindof awesome though because it allows me to catch gorgeous sunrises like this:
And do some more HIIT! I have been LOVING my HIIT sessions lately (okay during them I feel like death but afterwards I feel amaaaazing), and I really feel like they are making running more fun and comfortable already.
I like to do it by writing out the exercises I am going to crank out, and then making a little tally beside it so I don’t have to remember when I’m at with it and any extra brain power can go towards pep talking myself in order to get through it. These kind of workouts are not for the faint hearted but they are sure great for getting in both a cardio and strength workout in under 15 minutes. I like to do each exercise for three sets of thirty seconds with a ten or twenty second break in between. Those thirty seconds are supposed to be super intense and hard work. I then cross out each round as I finish it, because that makes me feel like I’m getting through it and that the discomfort will be over soon 🙂
Plantain chips and a chicken salad tortilla bowl. It was amazing and there was an abundance of guacamole…aka heaven.
With a side of Darling Harbour lit up like a Christmas tree. So pretty.
What was your workout today?
What time do you usually wake up?
Have you had plantain chips before? – This was my first time and I think I am more of a sweet potato/potato fan.
Have you done HIIT before?
Feel free to post a pic of your badass hair on your blog/instagram etc to make me feel more normal! 🙂