The one with the new love of my life

(Sorry Curtis πŸ˜‰ ).

A bestie date was needed yesterday but not before I was introduced to the new love of my life.

This bad boy and me are about to get real cosy and my quality of life is about to increase by A LOT- I will no longer have to walk around the house with my hot water bottle strapped to my body, things are getting high-tech up in here.

So now that bestie and I aren’t living together anymore (let’s not talk about it too much because I will cry) we are implementing regular bestie dates and sleepovers and girly shenanigans… Okay pretty much nothing has changed it’s just that now we hang out in two locations rather than one. And we spend a tiny bit more time on the phone than we did before πŸ˜‰

Yesterday’s date included a classy buffet lunch

A study/guitar sesh on her balcony (after having stolen her pink top… Mwahahaha once I was wearing it it was too late for her to get it back, I’m so stealthy I know)

The prettiest McDonald’s I have ever seen

Ice creams and minion love

imageimage

A trip to the Daiso (super cheap Japanese store… amazing)

And a beautiful evening sky

And finally I would just like to take a moment to showcase the blond streak she now has in her hair. Yup, that’s what happens when you live with my and all my mental and physical blondness for too long πŸ™‚

Do you share clothes with your bestie? – I’m not sure if she did before I came along but I have shown her how it’s done πŸ˜‰

How do you keep warm in the winter? – Fan heater, oil heater, properly insulated homes (aka everywhere in the world except Australia and NZ), fireplace (my FAVE), or hot water bottle strapped to your body with your robe cord (my reality).

Current craving?Β – We are constantly craving McDonald’s ice cream at the moment… weird cos it is winter here.

Do you have Daiso stores where you are? Or is this just an Asian/Australasian thing?

20 Responses to The one with the new love of my life

1. Sally says:

superb😍😍😍 grandma,finally got a heater huh? Hahahah.. Should have soft serve again!! U keep wearing my clothes n I’ll keep using ur lotion!! Fair enough 😝😜

• Yeah someone really sweet gave it to me 😍 for once you’re craving sweet food too huh? Yay! Hungry jacks soft serve is the best though… Maybe we should get it tomorrow πŸ™‚ that’s a good deal hun, I’ll take it!

2. Vanessa says:

Ok, not to get repetitive with the minion love here but WHAT IS THAT ADORABLE MINION I SEE YONDER?!
    One of my favorite moments from when my soul sistah visited this year was when we were getting dressed and I didn’t have a top that matched my flippers so she literally took off the one she was wearing (which was the same color!) and handed it to me πŸ™‚

• Not repetitive at all, so lovely that you share my minion love Vanessa! I feel like my blog is getting more and more minion based so I am super happy you are embracing it too πŸ™‚ I got the minion toy at McDonalds, I just bought the toy separate to the happy meal! It sings when you shake it πŸ™‚ apparently there are lots of different ones!
      Awwwwww that is soooo sweet! That is friendship for sure! Love it! πŸ™‚ hope you’re having a great day!

• Vanessa says:

Embracing ALL the minion love! I have one of those minions too (courtesy of soul sistah!), but I’d never seen one with a guitar – obviously now I wantz it!
        Thank you dear, I hope you are as well on your end of the world! πŸ™‚

• Awwww that is true friendship! πŸ™‚ ooh what is your minion holding? What is your email?? I will stalk your blog for it… I am thinking we need to set up a minion exchange situation, they have the guitar one all over the place here πŸ˜‰

• Vanessa says:

Mine’s not holding anything, he’s just kind of waving hi – I’ll send you a picture (email! vanessacbsantos@gmail.com)! It’s from when the first movie came out – also I checked and the Minions movie doesn’t come to Portugal until the end of July (and will take even longer to reach the island). How unfair is that?! 😦 *moves to Australia*

• Oh wow that’s ages!!!! I promise it is worth the wait though! πŸ™‚

3. Please tell me you are kidding about that being a McDonalds. Wtffff that is so cool! Sounds like you guys had a really great time hanging out! I’ve never heard of that fan heater, but I wonder if I would like that for my classroom. I’m a teacher and my room is FREEZING in the winter. I have a space heater, but it takes up a lot of space and if someone sees it I could totally get fired for having it, ha! Current craving…well, usually it’s junk food for me but right now it’s watermelon. That always happens in the beginning of the summer to me. I can’t get enough!

• I am totally not kidding! It’s gorgeous right? I never saw one like that before! πŸ™‚ fan heaters are great cos you can point it rights at you and warm up and turn it off when you’re done! I’m a big fan (HA) πŸ™‚ Oooh watermelon is awesome! So yummy and refreshing πŸ™‚ and healthy too!

4. That’s a McDonald’s? Ooooh, fancy!
    It seems like winter all the time here in the UK, so we have the heating on for most of the year haha.

5. I bet that space heater will make such a huge difference! I absolutely love my heated fleece blanket during the winter time, although the thought of using it right now here practically makes me start sweating haha!

• Haha yeah it looks so lovely and hot there! I love electric blankets but because I’m still sleeping on an air mattress I can’t get one yet! Fingers crossed that I get some furniture this week! My life is so high tech right now πŸ˜‰

6. TechChick says:

Oh no, you’re not living together anymore?! I’m glad to see that it wasn’t a result of a big fight or anything.
    In the winter I really like to wear fleece tights and leggings! I’d rather layer up than turn up the furnace. That makes me feel so wasteful. I also sleep with layers of blankets on the bed.

• Ohhhhh noooo nothing like that! We never fight seriously and if we have a little disagreement we work hard to fix it haha we are pretty serious about the friendship πŸ™‚ it was more that we can’t live together anymore because our other flatmate needed us to move out and because curtis is coming here in two months Sally would have had to find a place to live for herself anyway. It all just happened a little sooner than we had planned! But it’s worked out well πŸ™‚
      So by fleece do you mean like polar fleece? Or wool? It sounds nice and warm either way! The problem with homes down under is that even though our winter is mild, they are barely insulated at all! So it’s 10 degrees celcius both inside and outside! I definitely agree with you about not being wasteful though! Me and Curtis often joke about how he needs to bring in the idea of insulated homes down here πŸ™‚

7. Jan says:

I adore space heaters in the winter as well. There’s nothing like warm feet! πŸ™‚ And that McD’s, wow! I have never seen anything like that!

8. Tess says:

So first…that’s a McDonald’s?? That’s crazy.

Second…you HAD another flatmate? I have no recollection of that. Bummer you can’t live with her anymore but I suppose life has to go on. One must grow up I guess. We won’t speak of those things though. Enjoy her while you can. And the Minions. πŸ™‚

• So beautiful right? Yeah we did but we were on very different schedules from her and so I didn’t have the opportunity to plaster her all over he blog the way I do with sally πŸ˜‰ the living thing has worked out really well, today is furniture day for me so I’m excited! hope you’re having a great day Tess!