In general I think I am a pretty minimalist sort of person, I don’t like to use a billion products and I try (key word) to not be too attached to material stuff as much as possible. Nonetheless, when I am on a flight, there is just some shizzle that I NEED. I like to think being from NZ is partially the reason for this- coming from one of the furthest corners of the earth means that the shortest flight to get anywhere is at least three hours, most flights are in the double digits. Being on a 24hr flight with a broken nail- kill me now.
So my top six things that if I do not have on a flight I will be super grumpy and evil eye everyone in my radius despite having only myself to blame =
1) a nail file. Without fail I break at least one nail in the airport. What is that about? I never break a nail in my life and then the one time I am stuck on a plane for multiple hours I rip one to shreds (ew ew ew). Please learn from my mistakes and do not attempt to fly without one. I am a big fan of something non-metal so I don’t get held up going through security and something that I can use to buff my nails when I am bored on the plane, like this one.
2) moisturiser of all types. Hand, hair, face, and lip (balm). I have pretty dry skin in general and the plane air just sucks the life straight out of me, through my skin. This, this, this, and this are all major faves.
3) ear plugs. Need I say more?
4) a book. OBSESSED with Wild. I saved it for my holidays as a treat and it simultaneously tugs on every one of my heart strings and makes me want to do a massive hike right this minute (major bucket list item for me has always been to do the Camino de Santiago). Not too many books achieve that.
5) Music, preferably a new playlist. I love getting on a flight and cranking some new tunes, there is something just so fresh start to me about that. I am having (yet another) Britney Spears moment and I am choosing not to question it. I also love to turn on some relaxing meditation music and meditate (….or go to sleep to it) on the plane.
6) And finally, warm socks. I am a big wuss when it comes to the cold and my feet are perpetually freezing. Mum, I realise that if I wore fewer stockings and more warm jeans this would be less of a problem 🙂
What are some of your traveling ESSENTIALS?
Last place you travelled to? – New Zealand 🙂